14 January 2014

Metal Bookmarks, Mermaid Bookmark, Dolphin Bookmark, Brass Bird Bookmark


I imagined Rosalie, my mermaid bookmark, swimming amidst the hidden treasures found in the beautiful sea world.  


The pearls of white, pinks, blues and greens with silver finishing represented all the gems and precious metal buried on the seabed waiting to be found.  

"SOLD"
****************************************************

Dolphina is a silver-plated dolphin bookmark beautifully embossed with waves and sea life.


I adorned the wire, which I had bent to represent like a stylized 'A' shape, with  cobalt and aquamarine Chinese glass crystals and small silver lampwork beads that catches the light and creates a prism of colors.  It dangles from two rings which I had more blue and white crystal dangles attached which added movement to the bookmark when it hovers prettily outside the book.

"SOLD"
*****************************************************


When I saw this brass bookmark with the hummingbird,  I imagined it hovering among a shrub that flowers all summer.  


I know that hummingbirds are attracted to color (since they have no sense of smell), I felt that blue flowers would be most attractive to them as shrubs with blue or lavender flowers are most treasured bushes in the garden.

My collection of beads in beautiful blue tones would complement the brass of the bird bookmark I was using.  I wire wrapped them onto lightweight brass leaves and attached them to an antique-y brass-plated tulip beadcup to represent another pretty blue flower among the shrub.

(Beads chosen : Swarovski crystal pearls in lapis and turquoise
Preciosa Czech pressed pearl coated glass druk bead in blue and silver)

And I named it Mereana...just because I like how the name is pronounced.  

Footnote: Though I have learned that Mereana is Maori and it means Mary-Anne in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...