16 June 2016

Restyling Broken Jewelry


A friend needed help with some of her stretch bracelets that were broken. 


I decided not to re-string them all over again  as they were originally designed (I felt that the original setting did not reflect her personality) and since she did not mind it, I was happy to create entirely new pieces for her.   Restyling broken jewelry  is a great option to repurpose the gemstones into new modern pieces and  I wanted the pieces to look young, fun and playful - just like her!








         


She gave me these loose blue beads in a bitty bag. The gemstone was unknown but I suspect it could either be amazonite, aquamarine or blue agate but I could be wrong as I am not a gemologist.  
I wire wrapped each bead individually and added some clear crystals for a little glint.  It needed texture and so I dangled some quirky silver metal charms. 


I made for her a fun playful beaded charm bracelet.


I am pleased to say that she loved the bracelets.





A pair of fancy dangling earrings from her stash of amethyst Chinese crystal 
swinging prettily from s-link connectors.
A little shine and glitter perfect for any party or occasion.


It makes me very happy that these beads will not be sitting and collecting dust in her jewelry box. My heart is singing that I could give her a fresh look and style that she can actually wear over and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...