14 January 2014

Beaded Bookmarks, Mermaid Bookmark, Elephant Bookmark, Sold


I bought this brass elephant charm from Fire Mountain Gems and it was beautifully engraved.  It had the markings of an Indian elephant which has the blanket/fleece covering their head and body.  As such, I chose colors like saffron/orange/ochre, white and purple.


I chose pearls for my elephant bookmark as pearls are abound in Indian jewelry.  


I wire wrapped the chocolate, peach, rosaline, lilac and light blue faux pearls onto brass plated flowers with rhinestones.  

I decided to name the beaded bookmark "Colors of India".

"SOLD"

************************************************



"Sweet Genevieve!
In beauty's light you glide along
Your eye is like the star of eve
And sweet your voice, as seraph's song
Fair, as the bosom of the swan
That rises graceful over the wave"

"SOLD"

**************************************************************



I square stitched this rose-pattern from a Bead & Button magazine. 
 I love the soft palette of pinks accented with green and gold.

It fits beautifully with the gold bookmark.

Since it reminds me of  Victorian-era needlework, I named this beaded boolmark, Victoria.

"SOLD"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...